New to snow resort holidays and not sure what to expect? We’ve got you. Here’s all you need to know before you go and if you have any questions, feel free to join our Facebook Club Med Snow Squad Group, we’ll happily share our advice!
What to expect during your first ski holidays?
Be ready to taste amazing gourmet mountain food and experience activities that you won’t find anywhere else.
Gourmet mountain food
At Club Med, when it comes to food we’ve got you sorted! Enjoy a subtle mix between local cuisine and French know-how that will have your taste buds tingling. Gather with your family and friends and choose from cheesy fondue, tartiflette, cheese platters or even Japanese hotpot or ramen. It will also be the perfect place to warm up around a cosy wood fire and enjoy a few toasted marshmallows…yum!
🛀 Apres-ski treats: you’ll love relaxing in our hot tubs, saunas or indoor heated swimming pools, perfect for releasing muscle tension and enjoying a moment to reconnect with yourself in a relaxing environment.
🐕 Dog sledding: experience this unique and thrilling way to hit the snow through the pristine landscape of the European Alps.
🏇 Horse riding in Japan: surrounded by the beautiful mountains, plains, rivers and lakes, experience a memorable ride.
What to pack for the perfect ski trip?
Prioritise waterproof clothes (jacket, trousers) to be both cosy and remain dry until the end of the day.
Wear warm thermal clothes underneath and dress in layers, like an onion so you can adapt your body temperature according to the weather and activity.
Waterproof gloves, a must-have!
Sun cream and lip balm with UV protection will be useful to avoid sunburn and cracking lips.
Take your ski goggles to protect against sun and the bright reflection off the snow.
- Finally, your snow equipment! ⛷️ With the Easy Arrival service enjoy a worry-free ski trip. Simply fill in your information 30 days prior to your arrival and our GOs will take care of preparing your equipment and make it ready to collect as soon as you step into the resort. You will also be able to book the Kids Club according to the age of your child. No need to queue, your holiday starts from the second you arrive at Club Med - too easy!
Service available in all Club Med European resorts.
Join in the fashion fun
Booking an active holiday doesn’t mean that fashion goes out the window. Snow venues are the best places to express your creativity and flare for fashion. Don’t be afraid of colours, this is the perfect occasion to wear your fancy warm beanie, unicorn costume or even your Christmas wool jumper (it also deserves a second life!). Bright colours make you more visible to other skiers on the slopes, and easier to spot by your friends and family!
How to get physically ready to make the most of your ski holiday?
Your legs will be the main part of the body that will work out during a ski session, squats will help building strength in your thighs.
- Stand with feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart
- Push your hips back until your thighs are parallel to the floor
- Make sure your knees are in front of your toes
- Stand up and repeat (4 times 20 rep - 1 min rest break between each)
2. Alternating lunges
Perfect for building strength but also training balance, and avoid falling on the slopes!
- Step one leg forward and bend it down to an angle of 90 degrees
- Bring the leg back and switch to the other leg
- Repeat for 15 rep each leg for 4 times - 1 min rest break between each
3. Forearm plank
Strong core will protect your back and allow you to push easier with your ski poles.
- Place the forearms on the ground with the elbows aligned below the shoulders
- Ground the toes into the floor and squeeze the glutes to stabilize the body
- Hold the position for 45 sec
- Repeat 3 times and increase the duration gradually
Want to one-up your ski buddies? Be one of the first to experience our new resort Club Med Les Arcs Panorama
Located in one of the biggest ski areas in the world Paradiski®, the new resort will amaze you by its modern mountain architecture and wide-open views of endless snow-capped mountains. Opening 16th December! ❇️