PLEASE READ THESE BOOKING CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. PAYMENT OF DEPOSIT INDICATES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS.
In this document “we” and “us” means one or more of the companies within the Club Mediterranee Group of companies including without prejudice to the generality of the expression, Vacances Singapore Pte Ltd. and their respective subsidiaries and associated companies which includes Club Mediterranee (Australia) Pty Limited (ABN 73 001 302 012) and the Holiday Villages (Australia) (ABN 16 003 758 610). “Service Operator” means the actual legal entity (not us) which provides the various services and inclusions on Club holidays. “You” means the person who has signed the booking form and “guests” means the people for whom your booking is made for Club Med holidays.
Reservations and Payments
Your reservation for a Club holiday will only be confirmed when we receive payment for the holiday. Each Club holiday must be prepaid in full. A deposit of $150 per person must be paid to us before the given deadline and balance of that holiday cost must be paid at least 50 days before the guest’s scheduled departure.
Where your booking is made less than 50 days before the guest’s schedule departure the full holiday cost, must be paid to us at the time you make your booking.
If you need to cancel a Club holiday for any guest, you must notify us of that cancellation in writing or by fax. The following cancellation charges apply:
Notification received by us: Charge
50 days or more before scheduled departure: $100 per person
22 to 49 days before scheduled departure: $150 per person
7 to 21 days before scheduled departure: 40% of cost
Less than 7 days before scheduled departure: 70% of cost
After scheduled departure: 100% of cost
Airfares - where the cancellation occurs after air tickets have been issued, a minimum of 25% of the applicable airfare may be retained by the Airline. Tickets to Hamilton Island (airport for Lindeman Island) cannot be refunded once issued.
Booking amendment fees
No administration fee will be charged outside the 50 days by us for the first amendment to your Club holiday booking for any guest if the amendment does not reduce the cost of the guest’s holiday unless documents have been issued. Any other amendment will incur an administration charge of $50 at least per guest. In all cases you must notify us of the amendment in writing or fax, pay all resulting charges levied by airlines and other carriers, pay us all additional charges and increases in the holiday cost, prior to the to the guest’s scheduled departure. Where an amendment occurs air tickets have been issued, Airline cancellation fees may apply.
Passports, visas and vaccinations
It is the guest’s responsibility to obtain and pay for all necessary documentation such as passports, visas and vaccinations. Regardless of where you are travelling to, we recommend you seek expert travel advice on health issues prior to departure. Please check with your doctor for information.
Club Holiday inclusions
• Airfares, transfers and overseas airport taxes (for Club package holidays only).
• Transfers for Club stopover holidays in certain Asia/Pacific villages. Check with us or your travel agent for availability and booking requirements.
• New Zealand departure Tax from 1st July 2008.
Stay at Club Med Resort
• Accommodation at the Club Resort. Published prices are based on twin share rooming. Children under 12 may be required to share a room with parents and our published children’s prices already reflect this possibility.
• 3 full meals per day, with table wines during lunch and dinner normally provided. All day snacking and full bar service (except for selected liquors).
• Free use of all Club Resort facilities and sports equipment (except snow equipment) and services of trained instructors as provided by Holiday Villages (Australia) Pty Limited.
• Free daily and evening entertainment.
• Service taxes at the Club village. Tipping at a Club village is not permitted.
• Any person under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult 18years or over.
Stay outside a Club Village
• In some cases we arrange packages that combine a stay at a Club village with tours operated by other operators, or with an overnight stay at a non-Club hotel. During those outside tours or overnight stays, only the twin share hotel room, breakfast and transfers are included in the price (unless otherwise specified in the itinerary).
Not included in your club holiday
• Departure tax from New Zealand except after 1st July 2008.
• Airport taxes payable outside New Zealand are only included for specified Club holidays.
• Excess baggage charges.
• Laundry, gifts, excursions, boutique items, spa services, some activities where there is a charge for materials e.g. arts and crafts, some sports, such as diving and tennis and golf balls for private usage.
No refund or credit will be given for unused days resulting from non-use of transfers, meals or other services or from late arrival at or premature departure from a Club village except if such withdrawal is at the express request of the Club Village operator and is for reasons other than the bad behavior of, or breach of the Club Village rules by a guest.
Goods and Services Tax
Unless otherwise stated, prices states in any brochure or price list for a Club holiday are inclusive of Australian goods and service tax (“GST”). If GST is payable on any supply under these terms and conditions, you must pay us the GST amount in addition to the consideration paid to us at the same time as you pay the consideration to us.
Itinerary and Schedule Changes
Although no changes are anticipated, itineraries contained in our brochures may vary from time and we reserve the right to withdraw, alter or modify published tours, itineraries, facilities and activities at anytime at our discretion without notice and without liability for any loss. Where possible, your travel agent will be advised of such changes and you should be ask if there are any amendments of which you should be aware prior to departure.
Members agree to be bound by the rules of Club Med governing stays at Club Med resorts (or on board Club Med 2) ad the local regulations in force in thecountry where they are located nd to comply with Club Med management's lawful and reasonable instructions and directions. Club Med is entitled to refuse entry to and to immediately remove any member with the rules, regulations, directions and instructions, non payment, intoxication, disturbance, improper or undesirable behaviours or activities. Members shall be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury they may cause at the Club Med resort.
We will book and pay for (out of the monies paid by you) your Club holiday.
All other services and inclusions on Club holidays other than your stay at the Club Med Village (including, as appropriate, non-club accommodations, sightseeing, excursions, transfers, air or other transportation and associated activities and facilities) are arranged by us or our representatives solely in the capacity of agent for the respective service suppliers. The service suppliers, and not us, have determined inclusions and control the provision of all services. Neither we, nor our representatives, accept any liability in contract or in tort for any loss from any cause whatsoever, (including negligence) arising in any relation to any of these services and inclusions and associated facilities and activities or other services provided by any of the service suppliers, nor for any loss caused by any other circumstances.
Members participate in the activities and use the facilities at Club Med resorts (and on board Club Med 2) at their own risk. Sports and similar activities intrinsically involve risk or physical injury greater than those encountered in daily likfe and by taking part in sports and other activities, members acknowledge and assume the risks inherent therein. Club Med, its subsidiaries, associated companies, affiliates, agents or representatives accept no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any injury, illness, damage, loss, accident, expense, delay or other irregularity resulting from member's participation in any activity or use of the facilities in the Club Med resorts (or on board Club Med 2).
Club Med reserves the right to withdraw, alter or otherwise modify tours, itineraries, specific programmes, sports facilities and activities at any time and without notice. All services are subject to the laws of the country in which they are provided.
All arrangements other than the stay at the Club Med resorts (or on board Club Med 2), including non-resort accommodation, sightseeing, excursion, transfers and air or other transportation, if made by Club Med, its subsidiaries, associated companies, affiliates, agents or representatives are made by them solely in the capacity of agents for the supplier of these services, and therefore, neither Club Med or its subsidiaries, associated companies, affiliates, agents or representatives accept responsibility,nor shall they be liable for any njury, illness, damage, loss, accident, expense delay or other claim which may result fro mthe supplying of these services or their agent, or otherwise, nor shall they be liable for any cancellation of or changes in itineraries of schedules or additional expese or loss of vaction time incurred by members, resulting there from.
Club Mediterranee (Australia) Pty Limited acting only as a wholesaler does not own, manage, control or operate and transportation vehicle, any hotel, resort, cruise ship or restaurant or any service suppliers nor provide any services after embarkation in Australia and/or arrival at the Club Med Resort and disclaims for itself and its agents and representatives, all responsibility or liability in contract or in tort of any nature whatsoever occuring during arising out of, or relating to stays at the Club Med Resort.
Unless otherwise stated, all bookings and other arrangements made by us and our representatives as agents for the service suppliers are made on this basis:
1. That services need not be provided by the Club Resort or suppliers if they cannot be provided without breaching any relevant law;
2. That we reserve the right to withdraw, alter or otherwise modify tours, itineraries, specific programs, sports facilities or activities at any time without notice;
3. That each guest agrees to be bound by the rules of Club Med governing stays at Club Med Resorts and the local regulations in force in the country where they are located and to comply with Club Med management’s lawful and reasonable instructions and directions and that we are entitled to refuse entry to and to immediately remove any guest from the Club Med Resort without refund or compensation for any serious breach of the rules, regulations, instructions and directions, non-payment, intoxication, disturbance or nuisance to the Club Med Resort or its guests, and/or objectionable, improper or undesirable behaviour or activities;
4. That each guest shall be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury the guest may cause at the Club Med Resort.
5. That a guest participate in the activities and/or uses the facilities at the Club Village at the guest’s own risk and further acknowledges and assumes the additional risks when participating in sports and other similar activities intrinsically involving risk of physical injury greater than those encountered in daily life and the guest absolves us, and our representatives from any and all liability in contract or in tort for any loss from any cause whatsoever arising from such participation and/or use;
6. That the stay at Club Resort and the services and inclusions on Club holidays will be governed by the laws of the place where the Club Resort is located and those services and inclusions are provided, and any legal action or any claim concerning any loss arising in respect of the same will be dealt with in the courts of that place.
Airlines and other carriers
Airlines and other carriers mentioned in our brochures do not, by endorsing Club holidays, represent themselves as having a contract or any other relationship with you or any guest. The passenger ticket in use by a carrier providing transport for a guest on a Club holiday will, when issued, form the sole contract between the quest and the carrier for that transportation.
Our departure dates are organized in conjunction with airline schedule flights. Itineraries and timetables are provisional and subject to change without notice. We cannot accept responsibility for transport delays, changes or cancellations resulting from Acts of God, weather, traffic, airport conditions, strikes or other causes, nor liability for additional expenses or loss of vacation time incurred by members, resulting there from. We assume no responsibility or liability in the event you miss your flight/ferry due to weather or traffic conditions, or late arrival of your connecting flight/ferry, or for any other reason beyond our control. If you utilize other transportation for connections to and from your flight, you should allow sufficient time to take into account delays or possible cancellations.
Cruises on Club Med2
Where your Club Med holiday includes a cruise on Club Med 2 cruise ship, additional terms applicable to that cruise are set out in a separate “Extract of Passenger Contract” leaflet, copies of which are available from us.
A failure to comply or a delay in complying with these terms and conditions by Club Med (Australia) Pty Limited and or us which is caused by Acts of God; strikes; boycott or industrial action or dispute; action or dispute; action in compliance with any act, regulation, ordinance, by-law or permit or with any lawful direction, order or request of any responsible authority or court; or any other cause whatsoever reasonable beyond Club Mediterranee (Australia) Pty Limited’s control and our control does not give rise to any claim by you or cause Club Mediterranee (Australia) Pty Limited or us to be in breach of these terms & conditions.
Timing within which to submit claims
Club Med expressly provides that no claims arising out, or relating to stays at Club Med Resorts shall be accepted after 60 days of the return date and must be made in writing. Prior to this date Club Med will endeavor to amicably resolve any issues pertaining to a guests stay with a view to the most reasonable terms possible.
Interpretation and law
In this website “scheduled departure” means, for a package holiday, the scheduled date of departure of that package tour or, for a stopover holiday, the schedule date of arrival at a Club village, “loss” includes injury, illness, damage, accident, expense, delay, inconvenience or other claim whether direct, indirect, special, general or consequential, and “any other circumstances” include fire, flood, inclement weather, Acts of God or governments, negligence, transport delays, operating causes, failure of equipment and industrial action.
This contract contains “not the accompanying brochure or guide” the parties entire understanding in relation to its subject matter and there are no conditions, warranties, promises, representations or obligations written or oral express or implied in relation to that subject matter other than those expressly stated or referred to in this document.
Nothing in this document will be read to exclude, restrict or modify and of the provisions of the Trade Practices Act or any similar laws of any state or territory which, by law, cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
However to the extent that those laws permit liability for the breach of any condition or warranty to be limited by us or by an service suppliers, and that liability shall be limited to the party in breach either supplying the services again, or (at that parties discretion) paying the cost of having those services supplied again, and that party in breach shall not be liable in any other way for any loss arising from that breach. All other condition and warranties which might otherwise be implied and which may be excluded expressly excluded in respect of the service provide by us and by each of the service suppliers.
We recommend that all valuables be checked into our safety deposits at each resort.
Travel Insurance is not included but highly recommended. For your own protection against loss of deposit, airfare cancellation charges, overseas medical expenses and other travel contingencies, it is essential you obtain appropriate travel insurance. Please ask your travel agent for the options available.
Please note: Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
REMEMBER CHECK ALL FLIGHT TIMES PRIOR TO DEPARTURES
PAYMENT OF DEPOSITS IS ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE
0800 258 263 (toll free)